Jetbackup supports remote Rsync backups.
Step 1 – Create an Rsync account
- Create an account at http://rsync.net using one of the pricing plans from http://rsync.net/pricing.html.
- After filling up you details at https://www.rsync.net/signup/order.html wait for your account to be created and for rsync welcome email titled “Your rsync.net filesystem is ready“.
Step 2 – Generate SSH keys
Login to your Cpanel using SSH:
In your SSH console generate the SSH Keypair by writing:
ssh-keygen -t rsa -f /etc/jetapps/apps/jetbackup/privatekeys/rsyncnet_rsa
Upload your public key by writing:
scp /etc/jetapps/apps/jetbackup/privatekeys/rsyncnet_rsa.pub firstname.lastname@example.org:.ssh/authorized_keys
16463 – your username as emailed to you from rsync.net
Hit Enter and you’ll be asked for the password. Copy the password emailed to you from rsync.net.
Paste the password in your SSH console using ONLY Shift+Insert. Hit Enter.
Step 3 – Create a backup destination
At your WHM panel, click “JetBackup” (under “Plugins”) on the left column. Then click “Backup Destination” on JetBackup’s left column:
On Backup Destination page, click “Add new Destination” button:
At the following page which is:
- Specify “Type” as “RsyncNet”.
- Write a name for your destination.
- Check the backup formats you’d like.
- Write your remote host name as emailed to you from rsync.net.
- Write your remote account username as emailed to you from rsync.net
- Write you private key:
Click Create new destination. The result should be the following announcement:
Step 4 – Create a backup job
As demonstrated in the previous screen shot, click “Backup Jobs” and at the Backup Jobs page, click the “Add new job” button:
The resulting page is:
- Write you job’s name.
- Specify the destination which you’ve created earlier.
At the bottom, click the “Create new Job” button. The result should be the following announcement:
1. Validate your backup destination:
At the Backup Destination page you should see a sync-icon left to the destination name. Click it – if the destination is valid, than the icon should change to a V sign:
2. Manually run your backup job:
At the backup jobs page, click the play-icon in your desired job:
This will trigger a cron-job which will run you backup job. The cron-job itself runs every 1 minute, so the backup job will start within maximum 1 minute.